So, your favorite shirt feels a bit tight. Maybe you haven’t been very active. Or maybe you’ve had a few hearty, late-night snacks recently. Whatever the reason, now you have to deal with extra fat on your chest. Face it, it’s time to hit the gym and try out these chests exercises!
The easiest exercise that you can perform at home is push-ups. They target not only your chest muscles, or pecs, but also triceps and shoulders. And they’ll firm up your chest area. But there are many types of push-ups. You can choose the best ones depending on your overall physical shape and endurance, or just alternate them for each workout. But push-ups aren’t the only way to rid yourself of chest fat. There are some other great gym exercises to speed up fat loss and give you a toned upper body.
- #1. Get in a rigid plank position on your toes, with your arms fully extended and your feet no more than 12 inches apart. Now bend your elbows, breathing in, and lower your chest to just a bit below your bent elbows. Breathe out, pushing back up to the initial position.
- #2. Place your hands farther out to each side, wider than shoulder width. The bigger the distance between your hands, the more grueling and effective this exercise will be.
- #3. To perform it, get in a standard push-up position and tuck your elbows in about 45 degrees to get your body into an arrow shape. Now continue by doing standard push-ups.
- #4. From the push-up position, start lowering your chest. After your chest gets slightly below your bent elbows, push upward with enough force for your hands to leave the floor and clap them below your chest.
- #5. From a standard push-up position, lower your body and then explode up in the air to tap your chest, placing your hands in an X shape. After that, quickly put your hands on the floor to lower down into the next push-up.
- #6. Get down in a standard push-up position, but place one hand higher than the other and a bit wider than shoulder-width. Start lowering your torso as close to the ground as you can. Extend your arms to push upward and reverse your hand position for the next push-up.
- #7. The higher the surface, the more strenuous the exercise will be. Now get in a standard push-up position but, place your feet on the elevation you’ve chosen. Keep your elbows at 45° and continue, just like with regular push-ups.
- Doing a workout that consists of all these exercises, plus any type of push-ups 3 times a week will make a noticeable difference. However, keep in mind that you can’t just get rid of the fat in your chest without dropping fat from the rest of your body.
- To blast fat throughout your body faster and boost your metabolism, you should include cardio training as well, such as jumping rope, running at a moderate pace, using a stair-stepper machine, or an elliptical trainer.
- Sometimes an enlarged chest on a man has nothing to do with not being active or poor diet choices. And what you believe to be fat might turn out to be an excessive amount of breast tissue. This could be a sign of a hormonal imbalance, when a man’s body produces too much estrogen.