How to relieve stress? While a certain amount of stress in our lives is normal and even necessary, excessive stress can interfere with normal daily activities and take a toll on our personal lives and health. Today we at Bright Side invite you to try an ancient Japanese technique of self-relaxation that will not take you more than 5 minutes and can be done just about anywhere. To practice the technique, it is important to understand that each of the fingers of our hand represents a different feeling or attitude.
- The thumb helps combat emotions like anxiety and worry. The index can help you combat fear. The middle finger helps you control anger and resentment.
- The ring finger can help you fight depression and sadness. Also, it’s responsible for making you more decisive. And the pinky helps to calm anxiety and increases optimism and confidence. This finger represents self-esteem.
- To harmonize the life energy in the body, grasp the finger with the opposite hand, wrapping all the fingers and thumb around it. Now hold each finger for one to two minutes.
- If you want to calm your mind, slightly press in the center of the palm with the thumb of the opposite hand and hold it for at least one minute.
- Practice this technique every day to stay calm and re-establish the balance within yourself.