How to prevent sleep disorders? The quality of our night’s rest and our overall health depend on our sleep posture and on what we do before going to bed. Suffer from snoring? Can’t wake up? Have problems with falling asleep? Let’s check out the best recommendations from top specialists on how to sleep properly to stay healthy. Here’s some great news: the problem with waking up quickly in the morning is finally solved!
- If you wake up with a sore shoulder, avoid sleeping on your side, especially on the painful shoulder. Also, don’t sleep on your stomach since it causes misalignment of the shoulders.
- If you have back pain, you need to maintain the normal curves of your spine. If your mattress is overly soft, it’s time to get a new one.
- If you usually sleep on your side, your pillow shouldn’t be too high (no thicker than 6 inches). Ideally, the height of your pillow should match the width of one shoulder.
- Overly soft pillows can cause your head to tilt backward and increase snoring. Use an extra pillow or elevate the head of your bed a few inches to stop your tongue from falling back over your windpipe.
- To stop leg cramps, get the calf muscle stretched and strengthened. Also, try doing yoga or massaging your legs before bedtime. Keep in mind that you should exercise regularly to achieve good results.
- If you suffer from frequent heartburn, lie on your left side while sleeping. The left-side sleeping position prevents stomach contents from coming back up into the esophagus that preventing heartburn.
- Exercise in the morning and afternoon. Exercises help you tone your whole body, improves your blood circulation, and helps you fall asleep much faster.
- If you want to wake up early in the morning, all you need to do is go to bed early in the evening. Set your alarm for the same time every day, even on the weekends. You will see the results within a week!
- Keep in mind that sleep disorders can be caused by many factors, from fatigue and uncomfortable shoes to problems with the digestive or nervous system. Only a doctor can determine the cause of the problem and advise on the right treatment!