As we all know, you shouldn’t use nail polish too often, or your nails will begin to dry up and turn yellow. However, it turns out that this type of cosmetic can cause much more serious harm to our health. We don’t urge you to abandon nail polish altogether. Instead, Bright Side simply wants to list the negative effects its ingredients may have on your body.
For example, if you’re suffering from allergies, contact with formaldehyde can cause dermatitis and possible chemical burns. In more severe cases, it can trigger heart rhythm disorders, convulsions, and even cancer!
- Toluene can affect the central nervous system and cause reproductive disorders. Headaches, weakness, fainting, dizziness, and nausea are just some of the likely consequences of using cheap nail polish.
- Dibutyl Рhthalate is used in nail products as a solvent for dyes. However, the presence of this dangerous component may cause you endocrine disorders, gynecological diseases, and diseases of the respiratory tract.
- Scientists conducted a study with a group of 24 women. 6 hours after painting their nails, most of the participants were displaying elevated levels of diphenyl phosphate — a derivative of triphenyl phosphate which is formed in the process of metabolism.
- ‘5-Free’ means that the product doesn’t contain formaldehyde, its derivative resins (formaldehyde resins), toluene, dibutyl phthalate, or camphor.
- ‘3-Free’ means that the polish is free of just three of the harmful components: formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, and toluene.